Importing MBOX-formatted mailboxes into Cyrus?

Lan Tran llt at recol.com
Wed Nov 16 15:05:01 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Singerman" <matt.singerman at gmail.com>
To: <info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 11:01 AM
Subject: Importing MBOX-formatted mailboxes into Cyrus?

Hello,

We are currently moving away from a POP3-based system (QuickMail Pro
server
and client) to IMAP, with Cyrus as the IMAP server and primarily
Thunderbird
as the client. Have already succesfully transitioned our users to
using IMAP
via Thunderbird. The problem we have run into is with older emails.
QuickMail uses its own format for storing messages. I was able to
convert
these into standard MBOX format using a tool called qmptombox, which
we were
able to import into Thunderbird's "Local Folders". Ideally, however,
we
would like to have these messages reside on the IMAP server itself.
Are
there any tools available that will take MBOX mailboxes and insert
them into
Cyrus? If not, if anyone has found a suitable workaround, I would love
hear it.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

One of my users just converted from Mac OS X running MailSmith to
Cyrus with Thunderbird.  The links are:
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=2074

for specicif iinstructions for mailsmith go here:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=1879206#1879206

Hope it will work for you.

LT