Importing MBOX-formatted mailboxes into Cyrus?

Matt Singerman matt.singerman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 11:01:57 EST 2005

Hello,

We are currently moving away from a POP3-based system (QuickMail Pro server
and client) to IMAP, with Cyrus as the IMAP server and primarily Thunderbird
as the client. Have already succesfully transitioned our users to using IMAP
via Thunderbird. The problem we have run into is with older emails.
QuickMail uses its own format for storing messages. I was able to convert
these into standard MBOX format using a tool called qmptombox, which we were
able to import into Thunderbird's "Local Folders". Ideally, however, we
would like to have these messages reside on the IMAP server itself. Are
there any tools available that will take MBOX mailboxes and insert them into
Cyrus? If not, if anyone has found a suitable workaround, I would love to
hear it.

Thanks,

Matt