refusing bad mail based on headers?

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 13 11:25:19 EST 2005

I've already done this for several of them.  The trouble is there's not a
consistent set of bad characters in the corrupted header.  A fair number
came back with

grep '/.X-Message-Status: n$'

But that's not all of them.  A few more came back with:

grep -P '/\x13\x42/'

Good tip on using sed to edit them in place.  I'd used grep with
redirection.  That takes the additional step of moving them around one it's
complete but it saves me from having to reload it all should something have
gone horribly wrong.  Six of one, half dozen of the other I suppose.

-Bill Kearney