refusing bad mail based on headers?

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 12 22:32:16 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to migrate a bunch of mail from a uw-imap server over to cyrus.
Cyrus apparently dislikes some malformed headers some of the messages
possess.  Apparently a proxying script I'd been using had been randomly
jamming some garbage into the X-Message-Status header and the uw-imap dmail
and imapd daemon didn't care about it.  Cyrus seems to care and refuses to
accept the message.

Trouble is this causes a fair bit of headaches with the mailutil, imapsync,
imapcp, imapsync and probably a number of other utilities.   They seem to
want to transfer the mailbox in it's entirety and thus none get copied.

Is there a way to a) have cyrus clean up the headers or b) ignore then and
perhaps somehow flag them for later clean up?

Thanks,
-Bill Kearney