deliver mails to user's "Bulk" folder

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Nov 11 00:48:49 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 04:34 -0500, Ed wrote:

> To have the mail routed to the Bulk folder, you'd probably want to use
> sieve scripts, such as those at
> http://wiki.fastmail.fm/index.php/SieveExamples .  I don't know if
> 'global sieve scripts' are possible.
>
> To have the entries cleared periodically, use an entry in
> /etc/cyrus.conf in the events section, such as
>
> # Purge trash from folders
> purgebulk    cmd="/usr/sbin/ipurge -d 30 -f user.%.Bulk" at=0200
---
similar but different

I had a bad time with cyrus-imapd today and when I did reconstruct, I
found out that there were many thousands of emails in user.root
directory. Took forever to reconstruct root mailbox which was my first
clue  ;-)

so would I just do...

# purge unread from user.root
purgebulk   cmd="/usr/sbin/ipurge -d 60 -f user.root" at=200

to purge all over 60 days old?

Craig

believed to be clean.