Problem with Subject: XXXX XXXXXX on Cyrus

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at xl.wp.pl
Mon Nov 7 11:56:12 EST 2005

lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Thanks to all who replyed.
>
> I understand now that this are the hotmail and many other clients to blame for these kind of headers.
> But in reality I would like to deal with this problem (not just blame the clients) via Cyrus (UW-IMAP and Exchange seem to deal with the problem pretty well).
>
> Many users on my system now very dissapointed by this header handling :(
>
> This munge8bit option, Andrzej wrote about is very interesting but I can't see this option with man imapd.conf
> on my SLES9 system.
> Is there more information on enabling this munge8bit option?
>
> The patch from Igor is also interesting, if nothing else works, I'd like to try it.
>

> Best Regards,
> Leon Kolchinsky

munge8bit patch is included in FedoraCore4 rpm I use
(from "extras" repository).

As last repsort you may try to extract it from the source rpm.

[en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at priv.onet.pl : anfi at xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/  Netcraft Site Rank: 483671
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
      -- Edmund Burke, 18th century