Problem with Subject: XXXX XXXXXX on Cyrus

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon Nov 7 08:45:17 EST 2005

Hi,

--On 7. November 2005 13:40:05 +0200 lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il wrote:

> I have very annoying problem since I've moved to Cyrus from UW-IMAP:
>
> When someone sends e-mail from a number of servers to my users, and
> Subject line is in hebrew, the only Subject they see on their Outlook
> Express or Horde IMP is Subject: XXXX XXXXXX
>
> On the other hand, same message sent to Exchange account looks OK on the
> Subject line.
> Is there any solution to this kind of problem?

sure, use a standards-compliant mail program that does RFC 2047-encoding on
all headers. Unencoded 8-bit characters aren't allowed in headers. That's
why Cyrus replaces them with X.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK