Virtual domains

Jesper K. Pedersen jkp at solnet-data.dk
Fri May 20 09:57:21 EDT 2005

On Fri, 20 May 2005 07:41:36 -0400 (EDT)
Francisco Reyes <lists at natserv.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 May 2005 ogjunk-cyrus at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Cyrus' doc for this particular setting is not as clear as it could
> > be.
>
> I think the same could be said for several parts of the docs. :-(
>
> > I think "unixhierarchysep: yes" is meant for situations when you
> > want to use a "." in the username part.
>
> I thought it was to change the default from "." to "/" after the
> "user" like "cm user/joe_doe at someurl.com"
>
> I tried both ways
> cm user.joe_doe at someurl.com
> cm user/joe_doe at someurl.com
>
> .. and still getting "invalid mailbox name"
>
> Thanks for the feedback anyways.

You need to remember that an administrator with a domain attached to the
name can only create users under his own domain.

According to your imapd.conf file you have:

admins: cyrus at testpompa.natserv.net

This means your admin can only create users in the testpompa.natserv.net
realm.
Create an admin for each realm, or create a "super" admin without a
realm.
That should fix your problem.

Good luck.

Best regards,