Cyrus IMAP migration

Henk.Roose at cwi.nl Henk.Roose at cwi.nl
Fri May 20 09:56:09 EDT 2005

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

> Tarjei Huse <tarjei at nu.no> writes:
> > Hmm, how large is the volume here? You might get away with just
> > migration using the imap protocol.
>
> A few gigabytes spread across ~200 folders.  I could 'du -sk' to give
> you an exact answer, but the Alpha's disks are *really* slow...

You could try rsync (archive mode) from oldbox to newbox. Shutting down
cyrus and after that do another archive-rsync.  When all the data is
on the new machine you can run reconstruct on the entire mailstore,
fix quota's etc.

> DES
> --
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no
>
> ---

Henk

--
Henk Roose <Henk.Roose at cwi.nl>
CWI - Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica