Virtual domains

Francisco Reyes lists at natserv.com
Sat May 21 13:18:25 EDT 2005

On Fri, 20 May 2005, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

> admins: cyrus at testpompa.natserv.net
> This means your admin can only create users in the testpompa.natserv.net
> realm.
> Create an admin for each realm, or create a "super" admin without a
> realm.

Thanks Jesper and Greg. With your help I got the Cyrus+sasl part working.

I am in the final stretch.
Now postfix config seems to be wrong. :-(

Right now my sasldbblistusers2 shows
de at dataeverywhere.net: userPassword
su at stringsutils.com: userPassword
mailadmin at testpompa.natserv.net: userPassword

and from cyradm lm returns
user/de at dataeverywhere.net (\HasNoChildren)
user/su (\HasNoChildren)

"su" shows no domain because the user is in the default domain for the
machine (su = su at stringsutils.com)

When I try to send mail to de at dataeverywhere.net I get in debug.log
imap[9804]: seen_db: user de at dataeverywhere.net
     opened /var/imap/domain/d/dataeverywhere.net/user/d/de.seen

imap[9804]: open: user de at dataeverywhere.net opened INBOX
master[9811]: about to exec
     /usr/local/cyrus/bin/lmtpd

lmtpunix[9811]: executed
lmtpunix[9811]: accepted connection
lmtpunix[9811]: lmtp connection preauth'd as postman
lmtpunix[9811]: verify_user(user.de) failed:
     Mailbox does not exist

On another thread someone suggested to add to main.cf
virtual_transport = lmtp:/var/imap/socket/lmtp

Which I did.

Also I was able to connect to the Cyrus using a web based mail program
(Allohamail). However when I tried to make new folders I got the error
Could not create folder: test
c NO Permission denied

I WAS able to create
inbox/test

Do folders in imap need to be called inbox/<folder name>?