Shared Mailboxes and Postfix

Josh Whitver whitverj at urbandale.k12.ia.us
Wed May 18 16:20:28 EDT 2005

Hello again,

Sorry to report that I'm still having troubles getting this working.

Just to bring everyone up-to-date:

I've modified the imapd.conf file to include a "postuser: Conference" line and
added "cyrusadmin" to the list of admins.

My /etc/postfix/main.cf file has this line in it:
local_recipient_maps = proxy:unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps
hash:/private/etc/postfix/shared_folders
and I've created /etc/postfix/shared_db with the line "Conference yes" and done
the postmap to create shared_folders.db (/etc is actually a symlink to
/private/etc on an OS X machine, for the observant/curious readers out there).

In addition, my recipient_delimiter line looks like this: "recipient_delimiter
= +"

I've created a mailbox named News and given "anyone" posting privileges:
localhost> cm News
localhost> sam News anyone post
localhost> sam News cyrusadmin all
localhost> lam News
cyrusadmin lrswipcda
anyone lrsp
localhost>

So as I understand it, I should now be able to send an email to
"Conference+News@<domain>" and have the message show up in that shared mailbox.
 This isn't happening.  Instead, I'm getting a return message:
<[ mailto:Conference+News at testldap.urbandale.schools
]Conference+News at testldap.urbandale.schools>: data format error. Command
    output: Conference+News: Mailbox does not exist
Reporting-MTA: dns; testldap.urbandale.schools
]whitverj at testldap.urbandale.schools
Arrival-Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:17:18 -0500 (CDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [ mailto:Conference+News at testldap.urbandale.schools
]Conference+News at testldap.urbandale.schools
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; data format error. Command output: Conference+News:
    Mailbox does not exist

What am I missing?  I've verified with the Postfix mailing list that it is a
Cyrus problem, not a Postfix one.  Thanks for your help!
--
Josh Whitver
whitverj at urbandale.k12.ia.us / josh at whitver.net
The best way to make a fire with two sticks is to make sure one of them is a
match.