DBERROR db3: PANIC: Invalid argument

Sandra sandra at ccuec.unicamp.br
Mon May 9 11:11:18 EDT 2005

Hello all!

    Last week we had some file systems errors and we had to run a fsck
on a cyrus
file system. During the fsck, it had to remove and fix a lot of files
and directories.
The result, I think, it was a corrupted data base , mailboxes.db,
because since
that we had to run a lot of ctl_cyrusdb -rx on it.
    And I think that there is more things wrong .
    Is there any command I can run to identify where is the
inconsistance on the
cyrus db file (mailboxes.db) or in another file? I have ran chk_cyrus
and it has showed
some files and directories with problems.... if I remove it from the
database is  this
sufficient?
   We now run Fedora Core 1, cyrus-imapd-2.1.13, cyrus-sasl-2.1.13.

Thanks in advance - Sandra

Campinas State University-
Computing Center - System Adminastor