Auto-Archiving, and Unread Threshold Alert

Senandung Mendonan mendonan at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:00:42 EDT 2005

On 5/10/05, Michael King <mking at webinternational.net> wrote:
> My guess would be the Cyrus::IMAP Perl module as a place to start.
>
> Otherwise, I don't know of any way to automate this using the cyrus
> distribution.

Thanks for the pointer, though I'm not really sure how to implement
using Cyrus::IMAP (I thought of using one of the IMAP perl modules in
CPAN, deciding which one).

One common major issue with what I'm trying to do is having the IMAP
agent scripts (typically run in crontab by user cyrus) access each
user's mailbox, without knowing that user's password. How do I go
about doing this? I've activated ACLs on each mailbox to allow full
access by user cyrus, but don't know how to actually access them via
IMAP.

Thanks.

--
--mendonan
"Yang mimpikan secangkir kopi panas dengan selimut.."