Address Recipient Delimiter downcasing after the +

Spencer Tuttle rodeojones+Cyrus at fastmail.fm
Thu May 12 18:24:54 EDT 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:20:05 -0400, "Ken Murchison" <ken at oceana.com>
said:
> Spencer Tuttle wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I am having the following problem, if I address email to
> > username+test at rackman.biz and I have a folder called test and it has the
> > acl of "anyone p" on it the mail gets delivered successfully to the
> > folder.
> >
> > But if I address an email to username+Junk at rackman.biz and I have a
> > folder called Junk and it has the acl of "anyone p" on it the mail goes
> > to the INBOX. Looking in the logs I see that lmtp has downcased the
> > entire email address so that when I send to username+Junk at rackman.biz it
> > shows like this...
> >
> > May 11 21:26:49 rackman postfix/lmtp[17306]: 7517F62429:
> > to=<username+junk at rackman.biz>,
> > relay=/var/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/imap/socket/lmtp], delay=0, status=sent
> > (250 2.1.5 Ok)
> >
> > I am running the following versions of software.
> > Postfix-2.1.5
> > Cyrus-2.2.12
> >
> > I have the following in my imapd.conf
> > virtdomains:            userid
> > defaultdomain:          rackman.biz
> > singleinstancestore:    yes
> > lmtp_downcase_rcpt:     yes
>
> What version of Cyrus.  If Cyrus true is doing this, its a bug, but I'd
> guess that Postfix is doing this.

I am running Cyrus-2.2.12.  I have read and reread all the documentation
on postfix, and I think it might be something to do with my
virtual_alias_maps parameter.  But the reason I post to the Cyrus list
is because it is a function of the lmtp_downcase_rcpt option. ( or at
least i think)

Thank You,
Spencer Tuttle