Configuring Cyrus IMAP for multiple domains (virtdomains problem)

ogjunk-cyrus at yahoo.com ogjunk-cyrus at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 15:53:45 EDT 2005

Hello,

My authentication problem is in the saslauthd -> PAM part.  I think I
need to configure PAM to use SASL and /etc/sasldb2 file to authenticate
users.  It look like it is currently checking for UNIX username / pass:

May 17 15:48:13 localhost unix_chkpwd[28032]: check pass; user unknown
May 17 15:48:13 localhost imap(pam_unix)[28018]: authentication
failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost=
May 17 15:48:15 localhost saslauthd[28018]: DEBUG: auth_pam:
pam_authenticate failed: Authentication failure
May 17 15:48:15 localhost saslauthd[28018]: do_auth         : auth
failure: [user=feedback] [service=imap] [realm=my-domain.com]
[mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]

My /etc/pam.d/imap file looks like this:

# cat /etc/pam.d/imap
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth

I looked at /lib/security/pam_*.so shared libs, but didn't see anything
with *sasl* in the name.

How should I configure PAM to use SASL and /etc/sasldb2?  I think that
is what I need to do.

Thanks!

Otis
P.S.
Example of OK when UNIX account exists, and NO when it doesn't:

# man /usr/sbin/testsaslauthd
# /usr/sbin/testsaslauthd -u feedback -p XXX
0: OK "Success."

# userdel feedback

# /usr/sbin/testsaslauthd -u feedback -p XXX
0: NO "authentication failed"

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.info-cyrus&msg=35013