multiple LMTP unix sockets: any problems?

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at xl.wp.pl
Sun May 22 12:28:33 EDT 2005

Should I expect any problems with multiple unix LMTP sockets?

On my system packages cyrus-imap makes LMTP socket available to mail
group. I created second unix LMTP socket available to lmtp group to
allow *SOME* users submit directly via LMTP.

I use "hackish" perl script to make Net::SMTP work over UNIX sockets. It
seems to establish connection (connect OK) but receives no greeting
(waiting for select). Strace reported similar results for deliver
(executed with custom configuration file).

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl