configure fails on Mac OS X 10.4

Rich Cook wealthychef at yahoo.com
Sun May 22 14:02:13 EDT 2005

Hi,
I'm sorry if this is in a doc somewhere, I would think this has been
asked, but cannot see any posts on this subject in the list (the info-
cyrus archive search engine is slow, as well, so I couldn't do a good
number of searches).
Anyhoo,
I tried to run configure on OS X tiger and got the following:

rcook at Richs-G5 (cyrus-imapd-2.2.12): uname -a
Darwin Richs-G5.local 8.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.1.0: Tue May 10
18:16:08 PDT 2005; root:xnu-792.1.5.obj~4/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh
powerpc
rcook at Richs-G5 (cyrus-imapd-2.2.12): configure
checking build system type... configure: error: cannot guess build
type; you must specify one

Found this in the config.log:

## ----------- ##
## Core tests. ##

configure:1347: checking build system type
configure:1356: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one

With some builds, I can sort of guess my way into something that
works, but Cyrus seems to be a bit abstruse to my eyes.  :-)  Help?
Thanks in advance...

--
Rich "wealthychef" Cook
<http://www.richcook.net/honk/>