configure fails on Mac OS X 10.4

websrvr websrvr at macftphttp.serverbox.org
Sun May 22 23:59:18 EDT 2005

On May 22, 2005, at 11:41 PM, Rich Cook wrote:

> Thanks to Charles Bailey and OpenMacNews for their kind and helpful
> words of wisdom.
>
> And as for websrvr,
> What is your problem?  I merely asked a question.  You might want
> to check yourself with respect to admonishments of etiquette.  Are
> you having a bad day?  Did your dog die?  Sheesh.  I have tried to
> be kind and ignore you, but I now must say that you have thus far
> posted the most pompous, self-righteous and useless gusts of babble
> I've ever had directed at me on a mailing list, and I've been on
> many mailing lists over the years.   And all this without answering
> a single question!  Wow!
> Fortunately for me, I do not need your help, as other kind souls
> have by now chipped in and given me the information I needed.
> Otherwise, I guess I'd spend all day arguing with you about the
> proper way to ask my question, and I'd never get anywhere.

Are you a total idiot???

When I sent you a reply I asked a question, this question was to
determine how to best help you yet you ignored the question because
you didn't scroll down to the end of the mail and see it or you
ignored it out of ignorance.

As well, the question was sent off-list and you posted the message to
the list, also not recommended as list etiquette goes.

Now you feel indignant and post this drivel because your intelligence
has prevented you from actually responding in a human manner, please,
get a life.

I'm not about to get into a pissing contest with you, if you solved
your problem good for you, share your solution and move on.

> On May 22, 2005, at 5:05 PM, websrvr wrote:
>

>> On May 22, 2005, at 06:24 PM, Rich Cook wrote:
>>

>>> OK, so we've established that I'm using a non-standard prompt.
>>> My apologies.   I'm just looking for some help.  Does anybody
>>> have any ideas how I can overcome this build problem?
>>>

>> I Offered assistance but asked a question which required a
>> response to better assist you which you ignored.
>>
>> This message that I am responding to is what is commonly refereed
>> to as top posting, in a public forum this is considered bad
>> etiquette.

>>> --
>>> Richard Cook
>>>

>> -- Dale