murder or not murder

Mathieu Arnold mat at mat.cc
Wed May 25 12:19:55 EDT 2005

+-le 25/05/2005 11:23 +0200, Mathieu Arnold a dit :
| +-Le 24/5/05 23:36 +0200, Mathieu Arnold a dit :
|| Thanks for any advices :-)

After much fun today, I don't understand what's going on :-)

My backends talks right to the mupdate server, and the front ends speak to
the back ends.
It was not without pain, because they all talk with some domain, which is
always the same, but well, I added all of these to my auth db, and it works.
I configured it with virtual domains, and with unixhier.
Now, I use cyradm on a backend. I try to create a mailbox, and, it says :
0> cm user/bonbougre2 at t1.pol.io
cm createmailbox: no connection to server
which is not entierly true because on the server, I have :
May 25 18:16:49 cluster4 mupdate[69457]: cmd_set(fd:17,
t1.pol.io!user.bonbougre2)
May 25 18:16:51 cluster4 kernel: pid 69457 (mupdate), uid 60: exited on
signal 4

which is not what I expected, but, well, who knows...

if I connect on a front end, I do :
0> cm user/bonbougre2 at t1.pol.io cluster1
createmailbox: Invalid mailbox name

it does not work either, with a different error message, and nothing crashes,
but it does not work :(