real time cyrus integration difficulties

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at xl.wp.pl
Fri May 27 10:42:02 EDT 2005

Rod Gutierrez wrote:
> On Thu, 26 May 2005, Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
>
>>You can make non sendmail.org FEATURE(`mrs_cyrus.m4') use non built in
>>smmapd socket location by defining CYRUS_SMMAPD_SOCKET before the
>>feature e.g.
>>define(`CYRUS_SMMAPD_SOCKET',`/var/lib/imap/socket/smmapd')dnl
>>
>>You can test replies sendmail gets from smmapd by using the command below:
>>echo '/map cyrus rod' | sendmail -bt
>
> i added the line that you suggested into my sendmail.mc file (which
> is included below). i've also tried using the command you provided. the
> command produces the following output for both existing and nonexisting
> accounts:
>
> [root at mysubdomain ~]# echo '/map cyrus rod' | sendmail -bt
> ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
> Enter <ruleset> <address>
>
>>map_lookup: cyrus (rod) no match (75)
>

> [root at mysubdomain ~]# echo '/map cyrus test' | sendmail -bt
> ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
> Enter <ruleset> <address>
>
>>map_lookup: cyrus (test) no match (75)
>

> here is a copy and paste of my sendmail.mc file...
>
> divert(0)dnl
> VERSIONID(`setup for Red Hat Linux')dnl
> OSTYPE(`linux')
> define(`confBIND_OPTS',`-DNSRCH -DEFNAMES')
> FEATURE(`nocanonify')
> FEATURE(`always_add_domain')
> define(`confTRUSTED_USERS',`cyrus')
> define(`CYRUS_LMTP_SOCKET',`/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp')dnl
> define(`CYRUS_SMMAPD_SOCKET',`/var/lib/imap/socket/smmapd')dnl
> define(`LUSER_RELAY',`mrs_cyrus_user:error:5.1.1:550 User unknown')dnl
> FEATURE(`mrs')dnl
> FEATURE(`mrs_cyrus',`/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/smmapd')dnl
> MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`CYRUSV2',`-A5')dnl
> MAILER(`local')dnl
> MAILER(`smtp')dnl
> MAILER(`cyrusv2')dnl
>
> LOCAL_RULE_0
> Rbb + $+ < @ $=w . >    $#cyrusbb $: $1

Most likely your sendmail still tries to contact smmapd unix socket at
"wrong location".

In your case smmapd socket location is set by seconds argument in
FEATURE(`mrs_cyrus',`...').

1) Remove no longer neede define(`CYRUS_SMMAPD_SOCKET',...)
2) Fix smmapd socket location in FEATURE(`mrs_cyrus',`...')
FEATURE(`mrs_cyrus',`/var/lib/imap/socket/smmapd')dnl

P.S. Let us know the effect.

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl