Double Carriage return breaks header ..

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri May 27 10:02:12 EDT 2005

lists-cyrus at tripnet.se wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> We're currently running Cyrus IMAP 2.2.8 and having the following problem.
> When a message arrives via LMTP with the header "Subject:
> SUBJECTLINE\r\r\n" the message i broken and all other header-lines after
> this line are put in the body! This is not cute at all ..
>
> I suppose this "conversion" happens in spool_copy_msg()?

Cyrus isn't converting anything.  What you're seeing is GIGO (garbage
in, garbage out).  The message is broken per RFC 2822.  You should
complain about the software that generated this message.

> The message pass through Exim, Amavis and SpamAssassin without any
> problem before it's reaching Cyrus.
>
> Somebody have an idea how to correct this properly?

If you want to build more intelligence into Cyrus' message parsing, we'd
be glad to look at a patch, but we're not going to expend a lot of
energy trying to "fix" broken messages.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127