questions regarding db4.1 and dblockers

Richard Wohlstadter rwohlsta at watson.wustl.edu
Fri May 27 17:56:53 EDT 2005

Hello all,

We recently put our cyrus system into production about a month ago and
are gradually converting users every week.  We have about 110 users
currently accessing the new system.  We are seeing the db locker
information log messages from lmtpd.  They seem rather high ( all day
today they were in the 200's ).  I have done searches and read that db4
has a bug were the counter does not decrement correctly and the db
lockers count is not valid.  Is this true for db4.1?  As far as I know,
our processes are not dying and leaving stale locks.  On a side note,
what databases does lmtpd access?  I assume the deliver.db.  Anything else?

Thanks,

Rich