lmtp over SSL - lmtps ?

Olaf Fraczyk olaf at navi.pl
Thu Mar 3 03:43:59 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 13:23 -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:
> Olaf Fraczyk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way to make communication in a secure way using lmtp?
> > I would like to have postfix and cyrus on separate machines.
>
> Do you really want to encrypt *all* of the traffic or just the
> authentication information?  Your email is most likely getting to
> Postfix in plaintext anyways.
>
> lmtpd will support non-plaintext authentication methods (and should
> support TLS+PLAIN)

Encrypting only the autenthication is the best (CPU utilization) and is
enough for me.
Do you know any Howto or FAQ where I can find something how to configure
postfix and cyrus with non-plaintext authentication (the delivery
between postfix and cyrus only of course).

Regards,

Olaf
--
Olaf Fraczyk <olaf at navi.pl>