Problem : some folders not seen from client

Michael Wood mwood at icts.uct.ac.za
Wed Mar 9 10:52:05 EST 2005

Hi

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 03:47:41PM +0100, Yann Cochard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is the problem: some but not all the folders present on
> the server are displayed.
>
> Following searches in the FAQ, this list archives and Google,
> I tried the following tools : reconstruct and ctl_cyrusdb, but
> with no effect (I stopped and started the cyrus daemon).
> I can see 78 folders (which contain sub-folders and messages)
> on the server, but only 74 in the client (I tried Thunderbird
> 1.0 and outlook 11).
>
> What do I have to do to fix this?

Just a couple of thoughts...

1.)  If you have restored some stuff from backups or something,
you might have to use the -f and -r options to reconstruct.  You
didn't say which options you used.

2.)  Make sure the clients have subscribed to the folders you
can't see.  (e.g. in Thunderbird, click on "File|Subscribe",
choose the account and then make sure all the folders are
checked.

Hope that helps.

--
Michael Wood <mwood at icts.uct.ac.za>