Problem while deleting mailbox on a private spool on NFS

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Fri Mar 18 07:39:46 EST 2005

--On Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:55 PM +0100 Christophe Boyanique
<tof at raceme.org> wrote:

> hello all,
>
> I have two Cyrus IMAP server strictly identical. One with a local spool
> and another one with a private spool on a NFS server.

Don't use Cyrus over NFS.  It's not safe.  You *WILL* end up with corrupt
mailboxes.

There might be some NFS Client+Server combinations that are safe, but since
you've a Linux client I'm guessing your NFS server is also Linux, a known
not-safe configuration.  The reason is file locking doesn't' really work on
NFS.

--
Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you