Cyrus not using saslauthd

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Tue Mar 22 11:40:41 EST 2005

You should have also:

sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN

as already pointed by Igor Brezac, but I guess that most propably cyrus
user cannot access (doesn't have permission) for saslauthd socket ?

I don't where it have standard locations, but on debian it
is /var/run/saslauthd/mux, better check this file and directories below
for correct permissions.

> drwx--x---    2 root     sasl           53 2005-03-15 09:40 /var/run/saslauthd/

and cyrus user is in sasl group.  You should be able to do:

su cyrus -c "ls -l /var/run/saslauthd/mux"

--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>