cyrus-murder problems with database corruption in the frontend/master

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Wed Mar 30 23:56:12 EST 2005

>> Well, you have skiplist corruption, but there's
>> not really anything in your report which is
>> helpful at suggesting why you do, or helping to
>> reproduce it so (if it is a bug) it can be
>> tracked and killed.
>>
>> Even posting your corrupted skiplist would be
>> more useful.
>
> Yeah I know the info I gave isn't very helpfull..
> the problem is that the corruption is random..
> sometimes it takes 2 days to happen, sometimes a
> week. Any sujestions on how to debug and try catch
> the problem ?
>
> Anyway, I've droped the fedora package and
> compiled the 2.2.12 source with only the features
> I need... lets see if it happens again.

The copout would be to use some other database type than skiplist, but you
may not want to do that, really. I can't offhand think of anything useful
to suggest that's likely to be effective, but I supose if your mupdate
connections are cleartext you could tcpdump to capture the traffic too and
perhaps correlate time, or replay to reproduce. But maybe I can come up
with a more useful idea.