Using Cyrus-imapd with Sieve (reject works, vacation does not)

Philip Edelbrock phil at edgedesign.us
Fri Jun 3 17:08:32 EDT 2005

I'm about to deploy a new mail server using Cyrus-imapd and Sieve
(RHE-ES 4).  My last step is to make sure I can have automated vacation
messages.  But, I can't get a test script to work.  Rejects work fine,
but vacation does not.

This machine has no user accounts matching the email accounts (an
advantage to using Cyrus-imapd, I think).  Does Sieve's vacation
functionality require user home directories to store a DB? (just a guess).

Here's my test script:

require "reject";
require "fileinto";
require "vacation";
require "envelope";

if header :contains "Subject" "test" {
  vacation :days 7 "vactest!";
}

Replacing the vacation line with a reject line works.

Thanks!

Phil