IMSP + SSL/TLS

Jörg Eichhorn eichhorn at ponton-consulting.de
Wed Jun 15 16:00:49 EDT 2005

--On Mittwoch, 15. Juni 2005 18:59 +0200 Alexander Dalloz
<ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:

> To use IMAPS configure cyrus.conf - in the SERVICES section something
> like
>
> imaps               cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=0
>
> and generate the required certificates using OpenSSL. There are plenty
> of howtos in the www (use google).

For the IMAP server this is clear and i'm using it for several year. I
meant the IMSP (not IMAP) server.
What is possible is using tools like stunnel to wrap ssl around the plain
call, but it would be nice if the server would support it directly.

Thanks anyway.

Jörg