deleteaclmailbox: group:<group> fails

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Fri Jun 24 06:21:24 EDT 2005

>> Josh Whitver on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 at 3:13 PM -0600 wrote:
>>>Hello all,
>>>
>>>I'm setting up group-based ACLs
>> [for shared mailboxes]
>>>on my Tiger server box, and at one point I made an oopsie.  So I'm
>>> trying
>>>delete those ACLs but it's
>> [cyrus]
>>>not letting me.  A sample cyradm transcript is as follows:
>>>
>>>localhost> lam UHS/News
>>>cyrusadmin lrswipcda
>>>group:uhs lrsp
>>>anyone p
>>>localhost> dam UHS/News group:uhs
>>>deleteaclmailbox: group:uhs: Invalid identifier
>>
>> Sorry to be a bother, but does anyone have some ideas on what's going on
>> here?
>
> The group uhs doesn't exist. Looks like a bug to me that you can't remove
> an ACL if the identifier doesn't exist. Does someone know more about this?

I tried to fix it with attached patch but it doesn't work at all - which
is what I expected, bash is the only thing I really understand. From what
I can think of, with every ACL operation except remove, it's okay to check
whether an identifier really exists. But for remove, it should be possible
to remove an ACL even if the identifier has been removed before.

Anyone out there to help?

Simon