No CYRUSV2_MAILER_MAX macro?

Per-Olov Sjöholm pos at incedo.org
Wed Jul 13 16:31:00 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 21.16, Fred Bacon wrote:
> I'm attempting to set a limit on the maximum size of messages handled by
> our email system.  I'm using cyrus imapd 2.2.12 and sendmail 8.13.4 on a
> Fedora Core 3 system.  I want to set the M= equate for the cyrusv2
> mailer in my sendmail.mc file with something like
>
>    define(`CYRUSV2_MAILER_MAX',`20000000')
>
> but it appears that this is not defined in the cyrusv2.m4 file.
> I don't want to enable quotas for the system.  I can hand edit the
> sendmail.cf file, but that's not a very robust solution to the problem.
> Is there a more appropriate way to implement this constraint?
>
> Perhaps it would be better for me to add
>
>    _OPTINS(`CYRUSV2_MAILER_MAX', `C=', `, ')
>
> in the appropriate location in the cyrusv2.m4 file and maintain that
> patch.  That would certainly be simpler than hand editing the cf file
> every time I make a minor change.
>
> Fred

You say:
--snip--
> I'm attempting to set a limit on the maximum size of messages handled by
> our email system.
--snip--
Why don't you do that by adding the following to sendmail.mc
define(`confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE', `10000000')dnl

Otherwise I think you are just trying to set a limit on the cyrus sub system
only.

Or did I miss some point here?

Regards
/Per-Olov
--
GPG keyID: 4DB283CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE