No CYRUSV2_MAILER_MAX macro?

Fred Bacon bacon at aerodyne.com
Wed Jul 13 16:57:58 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 22:31 +0200, Per-Olov Sjöholm wrote:

> You say:
> --snip--
> > I'm attempting to set a limit on the maximum size of messages handled by
> > our email system.
> --snip--
> Why don't you do that by adding the following to sendmail.mc
> define(`confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE', `10000000')dnl
>

> Otherwise I think you are just trying to set a limit on the cyrus sub system
> only.
>

> Or did I miss some point here?

No, I just looked up "size, of message, limiting" in the index to the
bat book, and followed the instructions there.  This was the only
pertinent index entry I could find.  This entry points you to setting
the size limit by modifying the M equate to each mailer.

MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE isn't listed in the index, but I did find
confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE listed int Table A-1.  Thanks.

Could be worse.  Microsoft Press's "UNIX Application Migration Guide"
doesn't even have an index.  Just try finding something in that book!

Fred

 Fred Bacon                                     email: bacon at aerodyne.com
 Aerodyne Research, Inc.                         http://www.aerodyne.com
 45 Manning Rd                                  Phone: (978) 663-9500 ext 273
 Billerica, MA 01821-3976                         FAX: (978) 663-4918