Sieve & LMTP

Kevin Menard kmenard at servprise.com
Sat Jul 16 17:59:45 EDT 2005

Hello all,

It's been a few years since I've posted here, so I hope everyone is
doing well.

I'm running into a bit of a configuration issue that I hope someone
might be able to help out with.  I decided it was time to try letting
sieve manage my filters and got avelsieve set up with squirrelmail
this morning.  I had to fight with timsieve for a bit in order to get
it to use the correct SASL auth mechanisms, but that part is working
fine now.  So, I have the sieve server set up and a script on there,
but nothing's getting processed.

I normally use LMTP to deliver mail from Postfix to Cyrus.  I tried
to use deliver, since googling seemed to indicate this was the best
way to do sieve filtering, but using deliver broke my virtdomain
config (it strips the domain when delivering).  So, what's the best
way to get sieve working with LMTP?  Is it even possible?  Or is it
possible to use deliver and preserve the full mailbox name?

Thanks,
Kevin