Deleting mailbox problem

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Fri Jul 22 10:35:34 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 09:23 -0500, Michael King wrote:

> All mailboxes that belong to users are under the “user.” hierarchy, so
> you *do* have a mailbox named “user.wouter”.
>
> The “INBOX” you’re looking for would be called “user.wouter.INBOX”.

OK I understand that part.
Now I can still not change the permissions of user.wouter.INBOX, nor
delete it.
Can it be that it is an mandatory existing mailbox?

The main problem I have is that my e-mail software all the time gives
pop-up warnings like "could not change to mailbox wouter.INBOX, mailbox
does not exist" and the like. Pretty irritating, that's why I want to
get rid of it, or put it to use.

I do have a general inbox (that should then be user.INBOX actually?)
which I primarily use.

Wouter.