Problem configuring imsp

Vittorio Manfredini vittorio at vitsoft.bz
Mon Jul 25 04:34:43 EDT 2005

I downloaded from cvs the latest cyrus-imsp and compile/install it.

The daemon start correctly without error, but when I try to login with
imtest I receive the following error :

www:~ # imtest -v -a vittorio -u vittorio -p 406  www.vitsoft.bz
S: * OK Cyrus IMSP version 1.7b ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=PLAIN LITERAL+
S: C01 OK capability completed
C: A01 AUTHENTICATE CRAM-MD5
S: + PDE3NjkzMDg1ODkuMTQ5ODM3MDJAd3d3Pg==
Please enter your password:
C: dml0dG9yaW8gMWQ4YzkzODg3NzdhNDRkYjM3NjZjYTM2MzI1NjlmZTc=
S: A01 NO user not found
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0

in /var/log/messages :
Jul 25 10:24:45 www imsp[17358]: imspd: start
Jul 25 10:24:56 www imsp[17358]: no secret in database
Jul 25 10:24:56 www imsp[17358]: badlogin: www.vitsoft.bz - cram-md5
user not found

If I tried imtest to login on imap server and all work fine

www:~ # imtest -v -a vittorio -u vittorio www.vitsoft.bz
S: * OK www.vitsoft.bz Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND
BINARY SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE
STARTTLS AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 SASL-IR X-NETSCAPE
S: C01 OK Completed
C: A01 AUTHENTICATE CRAM-MD5
S: + PDQwNzE0Mzg2OTcuMTQ5ODQxMDRAd3d3LnZpdHNvZnQuYno+
Please enter your password:
C: dml0dG9yaW8gYmY5NTUzZDFkNDVlN2VkNzU2NGI4ZjQ5ZjhhOTgwZTY=
S: A01 OK Success (no protection)
Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 0

In /var/log/messages
Jul 25 10:31:34 www imap[17390]: accepted connection
Jul 25 10:31:37 www imap[17390]: login: www.vitsoft.bz [192.168.2.11]
vittorio CRAM-MD5 User logged in

I use the following configuration files :
options

common.date R
common.delivery.hosts R (www.vitsoft.bz)
common.domain R vitsoft.bz
common.from R
common.sent.mailbox R sentmail
desc.common.from R The address that should be used in the From: header
when sending email.
imap.new.mailbox.servers N (www.vitsoft.bz)
imsp.login.realms N (www.vitsoft.bz)
imsp.admin.all N (cyrus,vittorio)
imsp.create.new.users N +
imsp.create.policy N parent
imsp.log.level N 2
imsp.sasl.allowplaintext N +
imsp.sasl.digest_md5 N +
imsp.sasl.cram_md5 N +
imsp.user.quota R 100000
imsp.ldap.searchbase N dc=vitsoft,dc=bz
imsp.ldap.scope N subtree
imsp.ldap.host N localhost
imsp.ldap.port N 389
imsp.ldap.fullnameattr N cn
imsp.ldap.uniqueattr N uid
imsp.ldap.attrmap N (name cn address postaladdress alias uid company ou
email mail fax telephonenumber notes NULL phone-home telephonenumber
phone-work telephonenumber urls labeleduri)

/usr/lib/sasl2/imspd.conf
pwcheck_method: auxprop
auto_transition: false
mech_list: DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN

Any help please -- Vittorio Manfredini
Senior Technical Consultant