Signalled to death by 13 - UPDATED

Nikola Milutinovic Nikola.Milutinovic at ev.co.yu
Thu Jan 20 01:24:01 EST 2005

Igor Brezac wrote:

>>> Yes.  You still do not know why the first process (imapd) is dying.
>>

>> At this point I'm not exactly sure it is dying.

Well, I'm pretty sure it IS dying. I've seen ${configdir}/proc being
filled up with dead process files. I've made a cleanup procedure, but
only as a remedy. See below.

>>> It is possible, but imapd should not dump because of a poorly
>>> behaving mail client.

I have found how to avoid this, if not the cause for it. If we go to
Tools -> Accounts -> "Our IMAP account" and DESELECT "Include this
account when receiving or synchronizing", all is well. If it is
selected, Cyrus gets killed sometimes 100 times/hour from one account.

I'm glad that I have found a general remedy, but the matter is still
open for investigation. I'll keep you posted.

Nix.