address extensions

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Jan 4 09:38:15 EST 2005

LaurentG wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On a Cyrus Murder (2.2.8) with Postfix MTA, I'd like to use address
> extensions in order to deliver mail directly to an INBOX subfolder with
> an address like name+subfolder at mydomain.com.
>
> The mail is deliverred to the INBOX, but not to the subfolder.
>
> Does LMTP recognize that kind of addresses?

Yes.  lmtpd checks the ACL of the authenticated user (typically
'anonymous') to make sure that the user has the 'p' (post) right on the
mailbox.  If it does, then the message is delivered to that mailbox,
otherwise, it will go to the INBOX.

> How to have it working on a murder?

No different than a single server.

> Do I need to use cyrdeliver instead of LMTP? (I'd rather not!)

No.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127