Problem using reconstruct

Nicola Ranaldo ranaldo at unina.it
Wed Jan 5 03:42:37 EST 2005

> Not sure if both servers have the same cyrus version, but we have seen
issues
> where reconstruct did not deal properly with the old format of the cyrus
files
> in the mailboxes when we ran it after converting from 2.0.16 to 2.2.3.
( I
> know others have hit this as well.)   I have not researched the code, but
> would guess that the code that updates the cyrus files to the new format
is not
> included in reconstruct.    The first time you access the mailboxes the
cyrus
> files get upgraded and then you can run reconstruct safely.  (This sounds
like
> the behavior you are experiencing.)  If you are not changing versions, I
have
> no idea.

I'm trasferring from 2.1.10 to 2.2.10, it could be possible the index file
format is changed?
Is there an utility to "hack" a cyrus.index file?
It would be useful, for example, export and import the uidvalidity number,
some of my users (an entire university) have thousands of messages and,
sorry, most of them use pop3, so a uidvalidity change will result in a
redownload of all messages.
IMHO the code to deal with different version of cyrus index file should be
sharable, in libcyrus.

Best Regards

    Nicola Ranaldo