Sieve Script errors - permission denied writing to sub folders

Paolo Negri p_negri at modiano.com
Tue Jan 11 02:52:43 EST 2005

Cyrus imap delivery is abstracted from unix user, you can have imap
users who doesn't exist in unix passwd or equivalent cause cyrus support
a great variety of auth backends.

While is always user cyrus that, under O.S. aspects runs imapd and sieve
processes, in its internal cyrus respect the imap permissions and looks
at IMAP permissions. Sieve scripts of a specific user (i.e.) mark, are
executed as IMAP user mark, than they respect permissions for this user.

Analyzing my installation of cyrus i see that default permission of
user's mailbox are "lrswipcda" (equivalent of all permissions), these
perms are automatically extended on each subfolder of mailbox, so any
script working within the user's imap space works correctly by default.

Bye

Paolo