Outlook Express, Cyrus, and altnamespace

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Thu Jan 20 09:46:15 EST 2005

Nikola Milutinovic wrote:
> This boils down to: if you want your users to share certain folders,
> make up your mind - either have them under "user.*" hierarchy or
> "shared.*". I will also add that Mozilla works flawlessly. But mozilla
> still lacks GSSAPI authentication, so I'm forced to use OE.

Hmmm...  I thought that OE dosn't do GSSAPI/Kerberos thing either?  I
found some references that Outlook can use Kerberos authentication
against Exchange server (but I haven't attempted to test if it will work
with "normal" IMAP server, still on my low priority TODO list).  But
nothing about Outlook Express.  Is there some special option somewhere
to set?

BTW, does Outlook (as opposed to Outlook Express) handles "altnamespace:
off" and shared folders properly?