how to update BDB

Jukka Salmi j+asg at 2004.salmi.ch
Sat Jan 22 05:33:14 EST 2005

Hi,

Andreas Hasenack --> info-cyrus (2005-01-21 23:03:54 -0200):

> I guess you will have to get rid of that lone log file. Perhaps this:
> - recover
> - checkpoint
> - dump database with BDB tool
> - remove log file
> - reload database with new db_load tool
[...]
> My experience during the time when I had to upgrade from db 4.1.25 to
> 4.2.52 was that the log file was always in the way and I had to come up
> with a way to get rid of it.

Yes, this works, even without dumping and loading.

I wonder if I really need to run db_checkpoint and db_recover before
removing the log file; for me it seems that's the same like just
removing /var/imap/db/__db.* and /var/imap/db/log.* - isn't it?

I guess I should definitely read the BDB docs again...

Thanks for your help!

Regards, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: