Sieve filtering shared mailboxes (bb+xxx)

Paolo Negri p_negri at modiano.com
Mon Jan 24 02:51:46 EST 2005

Hi there

I had this exigence some month ago, and i found this workaround for
filtering public folders.

To filter emails directed to public folder i created a special user
account "publicmanager", so i configured the aliases in MTA to send all
mails directed to public folders to user "publicmanager", then i setted
for this user a sieve script that posts each message in the appropriate
public folder (and subfolder, of course). This is a stupid setup but it
works so well.
Obviously the user publicmanager must have "p" permission on each public
folder and subfolder.

Let me know if this helps.

Bye

Paolo