FAQ: SSL authentication

Mauricio raub at kudria.com
Wed Jan 26 09:34:04 EST 2005

At 07:27 +0100 1/26/05, Nikola Milutinovic wrote:
>Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>
>>     I know this was covered before but I just cannot find it
>>anywhere. How does Cyrus do IMAP SSL authentication? I want to
>>deply cyrus both at work (suse enterprise 9) and at home (debian 3
>>stable) and would like to be able to have that in both setups.
>>Anyone?
>

>1. create/obtain certificates and keys for your servers
>2. place them somewhere appropriate
>3. configure IMAP/POP to use that key/certificate pair
>
>For step 3 see man pages for imapd.conf, all options "tls_*" are of interest.
>
>Nix.

	Thanks for the info.  I guess my question is really a bit
different: according to
http://www.telenovela-world.com/~spade/linux/howto/Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO/index.html,
the suse (the article was written for 8; I wonder if the described
issues still apply for 9) package does not have mysql support and
debian stable, as usual is way behind (pre cyrus 2).