automated delivery of sieve scripts for new users

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Feb 2 17:22:37 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 22:33 +0100, Simon Matter wrote:

> >> I believe this is a part of the latest autocreate patch from the
> >> University of Athens.
> >> http://email.uoa.gr/download/cyrus/cyrus-imapd-2.2.10/cyrus-imapd-2.2.10-autocreate-0.9.1.diff
> > ----
> > hmm...looking at the diff, I wondered if that was already in my imapd
> > configuration...
>
> No, IIRC it includes an older patch without the autocreate_sieve_script
> feature. Take my rpms which include it:
> http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/
----
I believe that you are correct on the patch level but interestingly
enough, it doesn't complain if I include any of the following directives
in /etc/imapd.conf

autocreate_sieve_script: /etc/default_sieve_script
autocreate_sieve_compiledscript: /etc/default_sieve_script.bc
generate_compiled_sieve_script: 1

I don't think I've tried all of the combinations of them yet but they
don't appear to work.

and in /usr/share/doc/cyrus-imapd-2.2.10/README.autosievefolder
there is no mention of those items.

I appreciate your offer of the packages and note that apparently
fedora-3 is using some derivative of your packages since I recall seeing
the name on some file they distribute.

I am going to try to stick with that which is distributed by fedora
package for automated updates, etc. and so that really leaves me option
2 - which isn't so terrible since I have the bytecoded script in hand
and I will script new users anyway.

I might put in a bugzilla entry into fedora though...

Thanks

Craig