automated delivery of sieve scripts for new users

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Feb 3 10:02:08 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 12:24 +0200, Christos Soulios wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>

> > I believe that you are correct on the patch level but interestingly
> > enough, it doesn't complain if I include any of the following directives
> > in /etc/imapd.conf
> >
> > autocreate_sieve_script: /etc/default_sieve_script
> > autocreate_sieve_compiledscript: /etc/default_sieve_script.bc
> > generate_compiled_sieve_script: 1
> >

> Cyrus would not complain neither if it supported these options, nor if
> it did not supported them.
>

> > I don't think I've tried all of the combinations of them yet but they
> > don't appear to work.
> >

> The above configuration is correct as long as the files are valid sieve
> scripts and readable by cyrus. Moreover, the patch is executed only when
> there is no user mailbox and the user logs into the system. And not when
>   you create the mailbox using cyradm or other administering tool.
>
> > and in /usr/share/doc/cyrus-imapd-2.2.10/README.autosievefolder
> > there is no mention of those items.
> >

> Autosieve folder patch is a different patch from autocreate inbox/sieve.
> It implements the creation of a folder upon file_into command from a
> sieve script. Perhaps you should read the README.autocreate file for
> more information in these options or read the following links :
>
> http://email.uoa.gr/projects/cyrus/autocreate
> http://email.uoa.gr/projects/cyrus/autocreate/README.autocreate-cyrus-2.2
>

> > I appreciate your offer of the packages and note that apparently
> > fedora-3 is using some derivative of your packages since I recall seeing
> > the name on some file they distribute.
> >
> > I am going to try to stick with that which is distributed by fedora
> > package for automated updates, etc. and so that really leaves me option
> > 2 - which isn't so terrible since I have the bytecoded script in hand
> > and I will script new users anyway.
> >

> I believe that Simon's patches are very stable and always uptodate
> against security and bug fixes. So I am sure, you should try them.
----
thanks - I am certain that fedora is using Simon's patches...just not
this one...yet.

I put in a bugzilla @ redhat (fedora) - we'll see.

For my house, it's meaningless. I already have 3 kids and I don't plan
on having any more, certainly not enough to make autosieve a priority.
At one of my clients though, it is significant and if fedora/RHEL
doesn't update, I'll use Simon's so thanks for the heads up.

I love this message base - got a lot of extremely accurate answers.

Thanks everyone

Craig