Mail for domain issue

Greg Harris gharris at mail.nixa.k12.mo.us
Wed Feb 2 15:19:15 EST 2005

Hello all,

I am running Postfix 2.1.5 and Cyrus 2.1.15 on a RHEL3 clone and using MySQL
on the back end.  Everything works beautifully and as expected.  The only
issue I am trying to figure out does not seem to be listed on any list or
Googlized search.  I am trying to get mail to go to domain.com along with
mail.domain.com.  The mail.domain.com works great.  Any time I send a mail
to domain.com, I get a permanent 550 error.  I guess this is to be expected,
since it would be seen as a different domain, but how do I make it receive
on both domains?  I know this has to be something simple and is probably
documented somewhere, but I can't seem to come up with the correct
terminology.

Thanks for the help,

Greg Harris