Mail for domain issue

Greg Harris gharris at mail.nixa.k12.mo.us
Wed Feb 2 16:20:08 EST 2005

Craig,

I thought it might be a postfix issue, and it might even be an issue with
the postfix configs.  However, I wrote to the cyrus list because of the log
message:

Feb  2 10:36:17 mail postfix/pipe[17766]: 094211C013C: to=<user at domain.com>,
relay=cyrus, delay=0, status=bounced (data format error. Command output:
user: Mailbox does not exist )

Postfix can't find the mailbox to send it to, which is defined by cyrus and
is defined as user at mail.domain.com.  This would seem to point to a cyrus
config parameter, that may be located inside the postfix config files.

host -t mx mail.domain.com 	-> returns nothing, but receives mail
host -t mx domain.com		-> returns domain.com mail is handled by 10
mail.domain.com, but does not receive mail

Thanks,

Greg Harris