IMAP password

Norman Zhang norman.zhang at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 05:04:01 EST 2005

Simon Matter wrote:
>>I'm trying to setup users using cyradm, I tried
>>
>># su cyrus
>># cyradm localhost
>>
>>I get prompted for IMAP password, I type in the cyrus password, but
>>system says it is invalid. May I ask where should I set the password
>>for cyrus? I already changed the default by
>>
>># passwd cyrus
>
> This depends on your authentication configuration.

Is the config at /etc/sysconfig/saslauth?

# more /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd
SASL_AUTHMECH=pam
SASL_MECH_OPTIONS=
SASLAUTHD_OPTS=

> If you're authenticating system users through PAM or shadow mech, setting
> the cyrus password like this is okay. Then try
>
> cyradm --user cyrus --auth login localhost

]# cyradm --user cyrus --auth login localhost
IMAP Password:
	Login failed: no mechanism available at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm
line 118
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with login as cyrus

I'm very much stuck. I've posted more info here,
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cyrus-sasl&m=110758001127033&w=2. Would
you please give me a few pointers?

Regards,
Norman Zhang