using smbpasswd for authentication?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Sat Feb 12 11:02:23 EST 2005

-- Stefan Suurmeijer <stefan at raptorweb.nl> is rumored to have mumbled on
12. Februar 2005 15:44:58 Uhr +0100 regarding using smbpasswd for
authentication?:

> I was wondering if someone can tell me if it's possible to use smbpasswd
> as authentication backend for cyrus, and if so, how. I'd like to use the
> same password mechanism for both samba and cyrus.

That should be possible with saslauthd -a pam and pam_smb_auth, but I
haven't tried that myself. Note that youu won't be able to use
challenge-response-base mechanisms that way.
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK