Hardware RAID Level & Performance

Jure Pe_ar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Tue Feb 15 16:20:18 EST 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:37:05 -0200
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh at debian.org> wrote:

> I've heard bad things about reiserfs' capabilities to withstand
> corruption *and* to be repaired later. Something that I'd take into
> account when choosing the FS for the big spools.  But maybe reiserfs has
> non-joke repair utilities these days...

Maybe it really does get a fatal corrutpion with a bit or byte memory error
sooner than ext3 ... can't really compare  :)

But reiserfsck did some real magic for me at least once ... when i thought
the fs was toasted, it nicely put it back together again, lost a few megs
and put ~2gb into /lost+found (out of ~480gb).

The only thing that's a bit problematic right now is the time fsck takes on
bushy trees like cyrus spool.

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/